February 7, 2023

Is the United States a course in miracles programs The short answer is No. The legal answer is No. The politically correct answer is No. The actual answer is relative to how one considers what comprises the United States of America. Setting aside the geographical composition of that greatest of Nations, as well as the governmental designation of Federal Republic, Democracy and more recently Federation, this article will attend to the Religious order within the above stipulated and accepted designations. The United States is after all in actuality the disposition and proposition of its people.

The government is established to maintain order and defense, enact legislation, enforce legislation, and moderate within the parameters of its constitution and amendments the care and rights of its people. Its government of the people, for the people and by the people does not make the people; the people make its government. This of course is not generic to the United States but exist in all Nations and peoples to one extent or another. China would be a great modern example. A republic of the people, under communist rule, that is constantly being reshaped by its people. The demands and needs of the people effectually supersede the government, as evidenced by a growing capitalist westernization propagated by the desires and demands of its people even when it is vehemently opposed by the construct of its government. The smart poker player knows when to hold, and when to fold.

The constitution of the United States first amendment bill of rights prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion. Meaning neither the Nation nor it states may enact legislation declaring any religion as the “official “religion of its people. This of course has nothing to do with preponderance of what its people practice or declare of our own volition. The fact is 85% of the US population claims to be Christian, according to adherent.com who compiles the statistics from census and surveys. The number may not be exact as it varies but is an accurate depiction of the overall consensus. This is no way detracts from the other 15% it simply supports the argument that the US as a people is for the most part Christian. Again to protect the rights of all its citizens it cannot declare legally as a Christian or any other faith Nation, but all aspects of the society reflect Christianity as the predominant faith. So as a people yes it is a Christian nation.

The founding of the United States also reflects it is a Christian Nation and was intended to operate in cooperation with Christian principles. Its students are taught it is the result of a desire on the part of British subjects to experience freedom of religion as they did not want to be under the rule of the “Kings” church and a desire to have representation with taxation as opposed to paying taxes as a duty with no say in how those taxes were applied.

Both of these are accurate contentions as recorded by history, but the discovery and initial colonization was actually a money making venture. In no way would we want to take away from what these great men and women that founded this great nation endured or the reasoning behind their willingness to do so. In actuality initially the British Empire was aware of the Spaniards profiting excessively from the invasions of Mexico and South Central America. They simple wanted their piece of the pie and realized they could have the bulk of the pie in North America. This worked to the advantage of the subjects who came later and actually established the United States, as their intention again was to practice religious freedom and mandate taxation with representation.

The founding Fathers of the American Revolution, consigners of the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution for the most part were Christians. To name just a few of the more well know names: Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Samuel Adams, Alexander Hamilton, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Noah Webster, Daniel Webster, Charles Carroll, John Jay and John Hancock as well as many others too numerous to mention. The first line of the Declaration of Independence says “We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights… Now one could argue the creator is not defined, but taken in context with the preponderance of evidence from the letters and activities or establishments of the time, these gentleman concurred the creator was God.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *